Director, Competition and Regulatory Policy
Location: Washington, DC
Description: CCIA, a leading Washington, DC-based technology trade association, seeks an experienced policy professional to manage the Association’s portfolio of domestic and international competition and regulatory matters. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- advancing the Association’s competition policy agenda, including working with CCIA member companies and other Association personnel authoring relevant communications, including advocacy and analyses for Association members and the public, in the form of articles, posts, papers, and commentary on competition and regulatory law and policy;
- acting as the Association’s spokesperson on competition and regulatory policy; and
- supporting the Association’s legislative advocacy on competition and regulatory policy (lobbyist registration may be required).
Minimum Qualifications: Five years relevant work experience in public policy, government, regulatory affairs, economics, or law. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, including persuasive and analytical writing, and public speaking.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Broad substantive knowledge of competition and antitrust policy, including the international regulatory landscape, particularly in technology markets.
- Understanding of economic theory and principles of economic regulation.
- Self-starting personality.
- Willingness to interact with and work with the media.
- Experience in government, government relations, or public policy pertaining to international competition and regulatory policy and practices.
- Graduate degree in public policy, government, economics, law, or equivalent.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered and will receive responses.
Legal Intern, Washington, DC
Location: Washington, DC
CCIA is always looking for bright, capable individuals for our internship program in our DC office. We hire interns for the summer, and the fall and spring semesters, and accept applications on a rolling basis.
Interns work on a variety of ongoing and emerging Internet issues from both a legal and policy standpoint. Subject matter may include: intellectual property (primarily copyright and patent), international trade, privacy, telecommunications, and antitrust. Familiarity with Congress and legislative process, and courses in copyright, patent law, legal protection of computer software, and international IP treaties are highly preferable.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and writing sample to Ali Sternburg, Senior Policy Counsel, at email@example.com