Policy Manager, CCIA Europe
Location: Brussels (Limited travel will be required.)
CCIA is in search of a policy professional to join our CCIA Europe team in Brussels. The successful candidate will be a talented and hardworking individual able to represent the wider technology industry’s interests in formulating EU tech regulation. Responsibilities will include:
- Formulate CCIA’s policy position in specific fields of EU tech regulation (specific topics to be identified);
- Drafting policy positions and communications material;
- Advocating CCIA policy with European policymakers;
- Communicating CCIA policy to the public through blogs, press releases and social media;
- Organising events and assisting colleagues as needed;
- Identifying and coordinating alliances with relevant stakeholders to advance CCIA positions;
- Identifying and analysing legislative proposals for the benefit of members and colleagues.
The ideal candidate will:
- Write and speak English fluently; other major European languages an advantage;
- Have 1-3 years of relevant work experience related to EU-policy, e.g. EU institutions, EU Member State government, think tank, trade association, consultancy or company;
- Have a Masters degree in a relevant topic, e.g. EU law;
- Have a good understanding of key elements of EU tech regulation;
- Familiarity with the services and business models of CCIA member companies;
- Effective use of modern communication tools e.g. social media;
- Have the legal right to work in the EU;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Be driven and a self-starter;
- Be passionate about the benefits of technology;
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment;
- Be a team player.
Start Date: To be discussed.
Interested parties should submit should send a brief CV with cover letter to careersEU@ccianet.org.
Please understand that due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant personally. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest and understanding.
Location: Washington, DC
CCIA is in search of a professional to join our team as office support. The ideal candidate will possess a proactive spirit, excellent attention to detail, exemplary customer service skills, and a professional appearance. This professional should be willing and able to execute a variety of tasks including:
- Greet and direct all visitors, answer and direct all incoming phone calls, and take adequate messages if necessary.
- Support the CEO, Vice Presidents, and other staff as needed through a variety of clerical tasks, e.g. schedule appointments, make travel arrangements, and maintain directories, calendars and schedules as needed.
- Maintain common areas and conference rooms to ensure they are presentable and ready to use at all times.
- Maintain inventory of office and pantry supplies, placing orders as needed.
- Schedule routine repair/maintenance requests, following through to ensure adequate resolution.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have a high school diploma, 1-3 years of general office experience, excellent oral communication skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Office. Working knowledge of Mac computers is preferred.
To be considered, please send your resume including a cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Intern, Washington, DC
Location: Washington, DC
CCIA is always looking for bright, capable individuals for our internship program in our DC office. We hire interns for the summer, and the fall and spring semesters, and accept applications on a rolling basis.
Interns work on a variety of ongoing and emerging Internet issues from both a legal and policy standpoint. Subject matter may include: intellectual property (primarily copyright and patent), international trade, privacy, telecommunications, and antitrust. Familiarity with Congress and legislative process, and courses in copyright, patent law, legal protection of computer software, and international IP treaties are highly preferable.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and writing sample to Ali Sternburg, Senior Policy Counsel, at email@example.com