After the Supreme Court’s December 2016 unanimous decision, the years-long Apple/Samsung Smartphone Wars are going back to the California court room.
Later this year, the Northern District of California will decide pivotal unresolved issues of substantial consequence for innovation. Chief among them is developing a test for determining the “article of manufacture” from which a design patent “total profit” remedy may be awarded.
Please join us for a discussion with intellectual property experts and stakeholders to examine questions that will arise during proceedings at the Northern District of California. Complimentary breakfast will be served. To RSVP click here.
“Next Up in Apple/Samsung Smartphone Wars: Design
Patent Remedies Following the SCOTUS Decision”
Wednesday, September 13th
9:00am – 10:30am
The National Press Club
529 14th Street NW
- Carl Cecere, Counsel, Hispanic Leadership Fund and the National Grange
- Charles Duan, Director, Patent Reform Project, Public Knowledge
- Howard Hogan, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Joshua Landau, Patent Counsel, CCIA (moderator)
- Rebecca Tushnet, Frank Stanton Professor of First Amendment Law, Harvard Law School