Intern, CCIA Europe
CCIA is looking for an intern to support its fun and fast-paced EU office, assisting a four person policy team on a range of public policy, outreach, and stakeholder management activities. The selected candidate will get the opportunity to gain an insider’s perspective on the EU decision making process and build your professional EU network. Main responsibilities include:
- Outreach support. Assist in following up on meeting requests with EU and Member States officials and organisation of online events.
- Reporting. Participate in internal and external meetings and conferences and write summaries to CCIA colleagues and members.
- Research. Monitor and conduct research on specific EU policy files and on developments in the technology industries.
- Administrative tasks. Help out with various day-to-day administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- MA degree related to EU affairs (or be in the last year of your MA degree), or equivalent;
- Knowledge of and interest in current EU technology policy files, e.g. the Digital Markets Act or the Digital Services Act;
- Knowledge of and interest in technology companies’ business models;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (working knowledge of another European language is an asset);
- Good analytical skills;
- Ability to independently manage and meet multi-projects deadlines;
- An excellent team-player;
- Some experience in European public affairs, e.g. a previous internship in an EU institution or permanent representation, tech company representation or other trade associations would be a strong asset;
CCIA offers a competitive remuneration. Candidates must have the legal authorisation to work (remotely) in Belgium. Start and end dates will be jointly agreed upon.
To apply, Please send an email explaining your motivation along with a short CV to Head of Office, Christian Borggreen at careersEU@ccianet.org. We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Legal Intern, Washington, DC
Location: Washington, DC
CCIA is always looking for bright, capable individuals for our internship program in our DC office. We hire interns for the summer, and the fall and spring semesters, and accept applications on a rolling basis.
Interns work on a variety of ongoing and emerging Internet issues from both a legal and policy standpoint. Subject matter may include: intellectual property (primarily copyright and patent), international trade, privacy, telecommunications, and antitrust. Familiarity with Congress and legislative process, and courses in copyright, patent law, legal protection of computer software, and international IP treaties are highly preferable.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and writing sample to Ali Sternburg, Senior Policy Counsel, at email@example.com.
Please note CCIA is not currently accepting applications for legal interns at this time.