Director of Public Policy
Location: Washington, DC
Description: CCIA seeks an experienced policy professional to coordinate the Association’s portfolio of public policy matters. The director of public policy will oversee the association’s ongoing policy activities in Washington, coordinate policy matters across the Association’s issue areas in Washington, and with counterparts in Brussels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- advancing the Association’s mission and members’ policy agenda by coordinating CCIA engagement on matters involving competition, intellectual property, intergovernmental organizations, Internet- and intermediary-related policy, international trade, and telecommunications, among other subjects;
- liaising with Association members to anticipate and identify threats and opportunities for the industry, developing relevant CCIA policy positions, and coordinating the implementation of those policy positions through advocacy before legislative, executive, judicial, and intergovernmental policymakers, including by:
- acting as the Association’s spokesperson on public policy matters as needed; and
- coordinating the Association’s public policy advocacy on all aspects of technology policy germane to Association members (lobbyist registration will be required).
Minimum Qualifications: Eight years relevant work experience in public policy, government, regulatory affairs, etc. Backgrounds in technology-oriented government, policy, think tanks/non-profits, trade associations, and/or international institutions or other relevant business experiences are sought.
Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, including persuasive and analytical writing, and public speaking.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Broad substantive knowledge of technology policy, including the international landscape.
- Self-starting personality, strong organizational and project management skills, and prior experience managing teams.
- Willingness to interact with and work with the media.
- Experience in government, government relations, or public policy pertaining to international competition and regulatory policy and practices.
- Graduate degree in public policy, government, economics, law, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with the products and services of CCIA member companies.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered and will receive responses.
Legal Intern, Washington, DC
Location: Washington, DC
CCIA is always looking for bright, capable individuals for our internship program in our DC office. We hire interns for the summer, and the fall and spring semesters, and accept applications on a rolling basis.
Interns work on a variety of ongoing and emerging Internet issues from both a legal and policy standpoint. Subject matter may include: intellectual property (primarily copyright and patent), international trade, privacy, telecommunications, and antitrust. Familiarity with Congress and legislative process, and courses in copyright, patent law, legal protection of computer software, and international IP treaties are highly preferable.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and writing sample to Ali Sternburg, Senior Policy Counsel, at email@example.com